Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I got a nice mention

recently in a Columbia Spectator article by Erin Durkin.

Also another one in a short piece about book blogs in the latest issue of Rave Magazine, not online; the author is John L'Ecuyer, a former student of mine. (I have "a witty and unpretentious take on 'light reading'" and offer "quirky book recommendations across an array of genres" and "an interesting glimpse into [my] own creative processes of writing a novel." Also I am in good company, the other two blogs mentioned are the Literary Saloon and Amardeep Singh. And here's one of L'Ecuyer's own short stories online.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the link.

    This is going to sound awfully narcissistic, but would you mind mentioning what L'Ecuyer says about my blog? I'll be looking for Rave Magazine, but I'm not sure I'll find it while it's still on newsstands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, John was kind enough to send me a copy so that's why I have it to hand. It's just a couple sentences (on p. 14 of the Sept.-Oct. issue); "Amardeep Singh dabbles in politics, Indian authors and Bollywood,a mong other things. His wide-ranging postings are evidence of a critical eye that isn't overly concerned with political correctness. (http://www.lehigh.edu/~amsp/blog.html)". That's it. If you e-mail me your mailing address to jmd204 at columbia dot edu, I can send you a xerox for the files?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i was wondering if John L'Ecuyer has a site of his own, or can be reached online?

    ReplyDelete