Monday, October 03, 2005

I usually wait

to comment on books I'm officially reviewing until the review actually runs, but in this case I'm too enthusiastic to wait. The Trouble with Tom: The Strange Afterlife and Times of Thomas Paine is exactly my kind of book--lots of skeletons and weird medical-history facts, aside from its other charms. The author is Paul Collins, editor of the McSweeney's Collins Library imprint. I'll post a link to my review once it's up, but for now let's just say "highly recommended."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, isn't it awful? I was mortified when I saw it this morning. However the people here at the Academy are pleased, so that's something at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited that there are so many books about bones. I just finished Mutants, thanks for that recommendation! It was great! This one looks fantastic, too. Does the Peabody museum have any good remains you can look at? I'll send you some pictures of leprosy bones after my paleopath class this week!

    ReplyDelete