Friday, November 17, 2006

What if you loved vanilla ice-cream

but found your cortex indifferent to it? Daniel Engber used to scan brains for a living (as I have said before, I am fond of Slate's Explainer feature, its worldview seems very close to my own--they are comically but also aptly tied to whatever's been in the news, with a good science/technology bent--I think my favorite one ever was about what to do when your eye gets popped out of its socket).

Radio silence round here for the rest of the weekend. Back Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been able to eat ice-cream, even as a child. That cold just shoots up the nerve!

    Malcolm, like his father before him, almost always has a small portion of vanilla I/C after a meal. Jenny seems to have inherited this also. Whereas Cathy is like me -- sets the teeth on edge.

    There are other similar genes, the marmite and chocolate genes being cases in point.

    ReplyDelete