Tuesday, July 21, 2009

On a brighter note

I have now stayed up rather later than I meant to reading a really excellent novel, Kate Christensen's Trouble - for some reason I have read none of her previous ones, that should be remedied...

Have also very much enjoyed in recent days a couple of Tim Pratt's delightful Marla Mason novels, Dead Reign and Spell Games. I thought the first installment in the series was perhaps not as good as The Strange Adventures of Rangergirl, which I was most taken with, but the series has really come into its own. Very enjoyable reading, like a fortunate hybrid of Terry Pratchett and Kim Harrison....

2 comments:

  1. I liked Rangergirl a lot too! Alas, there will be no more Marla Mason books, but have you checked out Tim's prequel novella, Bone Shop? http://www.marlamason.net/boneshop/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate christensen's books are great. The first one "in the drink" is comic. she's really funny.

    ReplyDelete