Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A resolution

I know it is so impractical, it is bad enough having one book unrevised let alone two, but if I get back from Thanksgiving and find myself still utterly languishing at the thought of revising the little book on style, which needs a thorough reframing and reimagining before it goes back out into the world, I am going to buckle down (notwithstanding need to write many letters of recommendation) and draft as much as I can of "The Bacchae on Morningside Heights." I was longingly eyeing NaNoWriMo, only I knew November would not be the month, but it would be highly worthwhile to get 30-50,000 words of a novel down on paper before my sabbatical is over; I think I must do it....

1 comment:

  1. I recommend thinking of JaNoWriMo instead: January seems much longer than November, since Thanksgiving doesn't break it up, and the weather's almost always worse. Good month to stay indoors and write.

    ReplyDelete