Monday, December 03, 2012

The modern world

See how Syria's internet disappeared. Also, the Pope is on Twitter.

Still feeling distinctly under the weather, but hoping that I will be better enough tomorrow to start exercising again; exercise deprivation has made me feel rather despondent. It is a very busy time of the work year, but I have had a few symptomatic bits of light reading around the edges: Benjamin Lorr's thoroughly engaging Hell-Bent: Obsession, Pain and the Search for Something Like Transcendence in Competitive Yoga and Sakyong Mipham's Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite variant: https://twitter.com/Pontifex_pt (lunchbox or pontiff)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Competitive yoga?! Do you have book? Can I borrow?

    ReplyDelete