Monday, April 17, 2006

Hangman, Unborn Twin, Maggot

I am so excited, Ed Park reviews Black Swan Green at the Village Voice with great writerly genius. I find myself disappointed with a lot of books coverage, it just seems so ordinary, but this really is an excellent piece of writing, go and take a look.

I bought Black Swan Green as part of my self-destructive Sunday-afternoon book-buying spree; this clinches it, I am going to take it with me and read it on my trip to NY later this week. I couldn't pick it up this evening, I needed to meet my "read one library book every day" quota while I am actually here (it always seems unwise to take university library books on trips, I am not at all prone to misplacing things but if you did happen to leave one somewhere the replacement costs would be ruinous).

No comments:

Post a Comment