Friday, September 22, 2006

Spies redux

William Boyd at the Guardian on the psychology of the double agent. It's a nice piece, ruminative rather than essayistic and more thoughtful and perceptive than this sort of short journalistic bit usually ends up being (there is a tendency for these things to become too pat; Boyd resists). I really am looking forward to Boyd's new novel Restless (oh, good, I see it is already available at Amazon though not officially pub'd till October--but I must wait to buy it until I've read some of the things I've already got lying around, including today's exciting arrival).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Boyd article. I've been impressed by the various bits of his non-fiction that I've come across, especially his pieces on the short story form. And, as a huge fan of his fiction, I'm very much looking forward to Restless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Powers.

    ReplyDelete