Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"True eloquence has no use for eloquence"

Alan Gilbert reviews "This situation" at TEWTSNBN.

I have been finding the whole enterprise quite stimulating, only the hours are slightly nervous-breakdown-inducing (since I am largely unwilling to compromise on the exercise schedule and largely unable--rightly so!--to compromise on the work end of things, the time has been steadily borrowed away from sleep). Some of the conversations make me want to kill somebody. Others are remarkably enjoyable. I have learned a number of interesting things, but my favorite ongoing conversation touches upon the question whether it was a turtle or a lobster that the prototypical Parisian flaneur would have taken for a walk in the nineteenth century.

Also, I learned a funny joke:

Q: What does the O say to the 8 as they walk through the desert?

A: It's so hot, why don't you take off that belt?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you already know this one; it's one of my favorites:

    Q: Why was 6 afraid of 7?
    A: Because 7,8,9.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment just made me very, very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a dentist's favorite time of day?

    2:30

    (Tooth hurty)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q. How do you say "three drowned cats" in French?
    A. Un deux trois quatre cinq

    ReplyDelete