Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's official

The Explosionist is really and truly out there, for real, in bookstores all over the place!*

You can follow that link to order it from various online booksellers, and I'll be posting some other links over the next few days. I had a grand plan for a lavish Explosionist blog, but it hasn't quite come together yet--more TK...

* I was going to say "all over the world," only of course that is not accurate! Then I was going to say "all over the country," only I am writing from the last day of a tropical interlude that has taken me out of the country in question, so that did not seem strictly accurate either! So I settled for the vaguer and more colloquial expression given above.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats Jenny!

    As you know I loved the book and anyone who wonders why can just read my review at Bookslut.

    It's such a smart and unusual story for teens, really really well done. (And yes, it is great for adult readers as well!)

    Review link: http://www.bookslut.com/bookslut_in_training/2008_05_012919.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great congratulations, Jenny! I had just today been wondering when it was going to show up. I'm looking forward to taking it with me on vacation later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jenny! I was browsing Amazon today and came across your book. I noticed it was released today, so I came over to tell you congratulations! It sounds awesome :) Hope you have a great launch!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Colleen's "great for adult readers as well"!

    Congratulations. I can't wait to see it on a shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book! Congrats!

    I'll have to keep an eye out for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll get it when I'm in American fish museums in the Autumn, funding applications permitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!

    Justine L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Jenny! I can't wait to re-read it and then start bossing everyone else into reading it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - available throughout the United States!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me add my congratulations to the rest. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm about half way through and very much enjoying it.

    Did you always intend it to be a "young adult" novel, or did the publisher decide it was one because the heroine is young?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not deliberately written as young adult fiction, no, though in retrospect I should have been clued in to the fact that my internal models were Garth Nix's Sabriel books and Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy! It went to a lot of publishers, YA and regular literary fiction, but it was the YA editors who were most excited about it...

    ReplyDelete