Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Production of quota

Day 16: c. 1,600 words, for a total of 18,923 words.

This (slightly to my surprise) brings the first section of the novel to an end: I had initially pictured a sort of archival assemblage as the novel's structural framework; now I think I start to see how this first piece might fit together with others....

(Tomorrow I get to - have to - start a new bit; not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but probably it is good, albeit slightly nerve-racking: it will be a first-person narrative told by the character of my main three who is thus far the most unsympathetic and the most opaque in terms of motivation....)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You've been making superb progress.
    With all my best wishes for Christmas and the new year.
    Maxine.

    ReplyDelete