Thursday, December 14, 2006

And an addendum

featuring books I read & loved in the second half of December 2005, too late to make it onto last year's list but unfortunately omitted from this year's also.

Crime fiction: Harry Stephen Keeler, The Riddle of the Traveling Skull; Duane Swierczynski, The Wheelman; Arnaldur Indridason, Jar City; Sara Gran, Dope.

Sort of young-adult: Michelle Embree, Manstealing for Fat Girls.

Sort-of-vampirish: Octavia Butler, Fledgling.

Changed the way I look at things and gave me an idea for a book I want to write myself: Victor Nell, Lost in a Book: The Psychology of Reading for Pleasure.

And last of all a generically uncategorizable novel that gave me a pain in my stomach, I was so full of envy at not having written it myself: Percival Everett's Wounded. Now that's a great book...

1 comment:

  1. Dead on accurate about Wounded. Everett is a writer I can't believe I haven't sent on to Jeff the past two years for his UWP.

    ReplyDelete