Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Upcoming

I think I must go to this, it sounds so exactly my cup of tea, although it will have to be squeezed in before meet-up for early family dinner:

November 21 5PM Andrea Rosen Gallery
525 W. 24th St NY (212) 627-6000

Writer Shelley Jackson offers an illustrated lecture in applied necrophysics, with selections from the archives of the Shelley Jackson Vocational School of Ghost Speaking and Hearing-Mouth Children (founded 1898), including early travel writings from the land of the dead and recordings from the school choir’s Music for Stammererers. The mechanics of channelling the dead and the structure of the necrocosmos will be explained, with a brief refutation of certain errors made by fellow thanatomath Matthew Ritchie. Class will conclude with a collective attempt to channel the dead.

5 comments:

  1. Just so you don't think I am becoming your sycophantic mini-me, this has absolutely no appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what this will actually be like, but it's sounds exactly like something out of The Explosionist, so I can certainly understand why it would sound so appealing to Professor Davidson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always interested in Shelley Jackson's work--this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must attend and tell me everything at dinner!!!!

    ReplyDelete