Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fatal attraction

These doughnut pictures are criminally attractive.

(I had a jelly doughnut from the new Chelsea Doughnut Plant location last week, and it was possibly one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. I try and avoid the Donut Pub on 14th St., though as I am very often taking the train home from that corner after I've been at Chelsea Piers, I very frequently need to block my ears against the siren call of the coconut cream donut...)


  1. Creative doughnut places, like certain Chinese restaurants, bring out the experimental eater in me; I cannot resist getting the most outre-sounding thing available, which generally ends in dissatisfaction. (Though, in Portland last year, I enjoyed Voodoo Doughnut's bacon + maple syrup doughnut.)

  2. Bacon + maple seems to have become de rigueur in certain circles. The purchase of two different donuts might be in order, a mainstream one and a bizarre one - you could always just eat half of each....