Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jury duty

Am very depressed to say that I am an alternate on a jury, and that the trial may run into early January. So glum about it that I almost burst into tears on the street outside the courthouse when they let us go around 1 this afternoon with a call for tomorrow morning!

My faint hope that they will send us home tomorrow after all does not have much basis in reality, but I will wait till the end of the day tomorrow to reschedule my work obligations for next week - it's all stuff like dissertation chapter conferences that can be reconfigured as evening one-on-one meetings if necessary.

Am going to do some meditation now in the hope that it may assist me to greet this turn of events with greater equanimity than I have mustered thus far....

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sympathy at dreadfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works out for you, Jenny. This could be an interesting experience for you, if it doesn't, though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete