Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bones bones bones

Peter Stanford interviews Kathy Reichs at the Independent. I have a minor Patricia Cornwell obsession, so it is hard not to be excessively partisan on the can't-avoid-it rivalry between the two authors. (Oh, I just had a pang of missing a Brazilian friend of mine who was making small talk once by asking whether I liked to watch CSI-type shows--I said I preferred to read crime fiction--he very seriously asked me if I liked reading books about Jack the Stripper, it was quite adorable....)

1 comment:

  1. Don't like either of them, I have to admit (Cornwell or Reichs). I am being very flaky here, but recently (in the past 2 weeks) I read a good article in the Times (print edition) about the identity of Jack the Ripper -- it was based on a policeman's findings -- maybe someone who has just died? It read more persuasively than Cornwell's theory about the perpetrator -- her candidate was summarily dismissed.


    (I fulfil the cliche of not being very interested in "true crime" as I enjoy crime fiction. Apparently people like either the one or the other, but rarely both.)

    ReplyDelete