Thursday, January 04, 2007

More pants

Ann Brashares and her husband (artist Jacob Collins) profiled in the Home and Garden section of the New York Times. The final installment of the Traveling Pants books is due out next week, I must get that: I really liked the earlier ones, which Lynn introduced me to (they are very much the "you read the first one and then you cannot rest until you have gone and bought and read all the others in an instant" kind of thing). My only complaint is the whole "magical pants" pitch, really they are quite naturalistic books and there is nothing literally magical about the pants at all--I would have read them sooner if I had not been put off by the marketing whimsy of the "magical pair of jeans fits four different girls" thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment