Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday miscellany

Werner Herzog was once shot by an "insignificant bullet."

Alice's love affair with the chalkboard. (The underlying link to Anne Trubek's article on the history of handwriting is highly worthwhile.)

Amy Davidson interviews Jon Lee Anderson about current conditions in Port-au-Prince.

I just finished reading Per Pettersen's Out Stealing Horses; the ARC has been on my shelves for years now, but for some reason I never got around to reading it. It is a spectacularly good novel! Hmmm, must get and read his other books...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the Pettersen. It's also a favourite of mine. Try To Siberia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt that Herzog considered it insignificant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Per Pettersen is a wonderful find. To Siberia is good as well, but almost any of his other publications are worth following up.

    ReplyDelete