Saturday, August 12, 2006

I have just read

the most delightful and perfect little book, Catherine Murdock's Dairy Queen--it was Colleen Mondor's recommendation after I rhapsodized over Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat, Pray, Love, Murdock and Gilbert are sisters and all I can say is that they have both written quite excellent books.

This one's more formally perfect than the other, as befits its being a novel; it is an unjust world if this is really the first novel she's written as opposed to just published, everything about the voice and the pacing and the story is absolutely lovely. Mmmm.... I like it that now I'm sort of a young-adult writer myself I can indulge myself in this most excellent form of reading and feel like I'm obliquely at work.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this book and loved it. I wish I this book had been available when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete