Sunday, August 20, 2006

More Messud

Gaby Wood talks to Claire Messud at the Guardian. Hmmm, I really want to read this novel; but first I must (re)read Frankenstein, Tristram Shandy and three novels by Jane Austen, plus skim about twelve miscellaneous books about the concept of species, Hippocratic medicine in the eighteenth century, evolutionary thinking, etc. etc., plus get a start on two books I'm reviewing at the beginning of September for the Voice. Also I am interested (impractically--I fear this is a damaging admission!) in reading some Sebald to see if it gives me any ideas technique-wise for improving--perfecting!--my insane chapter on the perfectibility problem. Rather uncharacteristically I'm going out of town--indeed, to the actual countryside--this coming weekend; perhaps I could justify bringing Messud with me for pleasure-reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment