Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I prefer not to link anymore

to the Evil Weekly That Shall Not Be Named, not since they let Ed Park go and in various other respects gutted their arts section; but a ghostly Park-like voice from the past has pronounced Light Reading the Evil Weekly's best local literary litblog for 2006. (It would be suitably Potteresque if there really was a newspaper called the Evil Weekly.) Also of note: best new New York noir is Sara Gran's excellent Dope (here's me raving last December about how much I loved it).

2 comments:

  1. The trouble is, Jenny, it is counterproductive, as I clicked on it to see who the Evil Weekly is, thus increasing their traffic by one click!
    I rather like the "Daily Prophet" as it so aptly encapsulates how newspapers think of themselves, but how they very rarely actually are.

    ReplyDelete