Friday, February 23, 2007

Manga Shakespeare

Rosie Blau at the FT on the latest adaptations of English literary classics.


  1. Thanks for highlighting this. Your little namesake here is interested both in Manga and in Shakespeare, so I may get her one of these books. I've posted a link to this post on Librarian's Place, one of my many blogs. ;-)
    BTW, our Jenny (age 11) recently finished her book and I gave her a massive pile from her queue to choose from (everyone in my family has a queue of books) --- she rejected them all in favour of "Good Wives" which she is currently devouring. Isn't that lovely? (I'm dreading the "Beth moment" though, although she has seen the movie so I hope it won't be too traumatic.)

  2. That is indeed quite lovely, you must give her my best regards & tell her how very very much I loved those books when I was a kid! All of them, really; "Little Women" when I was younger, and then I compulsively reread "Little Men" (really, I think, the most appealing of the books, no?) and "Jo's Boys"--I think it was partly the vision of the liberal-arts college in the latter that I found so unbearably alluring... Whole passages of those books I feel are imprinted VERBATIM on my brain!