Friday, December 05, 2008

Moving

D-Day is next Friday.

Today I bought ten boxes at the hardware store.

Demurring at hardware-store box prices, I subsequently cadged eleven more boxes from a pleasant fellow at the liquor store. These boxes are in any case more appropriately sized for books, even if they carry a faint and mysterious scent of the grape....

I learned that the local branch of the public library will accept book donations. I loaded up the shopping cart and a couple of carrier bags and now have a tax receipt for 33 hardcover and 55 paperback books (the first of about three or four similarly sized loads, I am hoping). They were excited to get a good haul of newish hardcovers for this weekend's Holiday Book Sale!

(And I can donate clothes, bedding and housewares early next week at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.)

I returned c. 40 library books to Butler.

(I also broke the shopping cart - it is not designed for transporting books!)

I haven't started packing, but I am thinking it might be time to take the plunge.

Hmmmm, tip of the iceberg...

4 comments:

  1. Ah, two cubes. Wonderful two cubes! Although perhaps not the favourite boxes of cats.

    Tip of the iceberg... say, doesn't lettuce come in boxes at the supermarket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, packing. I think I used 40 boxes to move my books. And after saying never again, I'm going to move again next fall. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete