Sunday, January 09, 2011

Production of quota

c. 1,000 words, for a total of 37,152 words. [ED. I think that was an 8, not a 7...]

The one trouble with the quota method is that it is slightly monomaniacal, or rather the thing about goals in general is that they should be kept devastatingly simple if one actually wants to execute them successfully: I would like to exercise quite a bit this week too, and there are work things that need to be taken care of, but quota overrides all other demands...

(I wish I could have a week where the only thing I did was exercise! But I need to get this draft finished before I am completely submerged in the coming semester, I still have to write that other essay and also revise the little book on style, preferably before spring break...)

No comments:

Post a Comment